How can I convert a non-Muslim to Islam?
1. Learn about the teachings of Islam and pass them on to that person in the best possible manner i.e in a logical, polite and calm manner.
2. Show the values of Islam through your good conduct and mannerisms.
3. People’s mentality is different and hence requires different approaches. Some are more emotional and some more rational – try and use the approach suited to the personality of the person you are talking to.
4. Share the words of wisdom and narrations from the family of the Prophet, especially their supplications; e.g. Dua Kumayl as narrated by Imam Ali (as), Dua Iftitah by Imam Mahdi (atfs), Dua Arafah by Imam Husain (as), Dua Abu Hamza Thumali by Imam Zainul Abideen (as), as the Imams have said about this:
فلو ان الناس علموا محاسن كلامنا لاتبعونا
“Were people to know the goodness in our words, they would (most certainly) have followed us”
5. Take them to a learned scholar who knows how to present Islam to them and answer any doubts they may have.
6. Be pious and honest in your own lifestyle so that they see the practical examples of being a Muslim. Remember, actions speak louder than words!
7. Pray to Allah (SWT) to guide that person to the right path.
Answered by: Dr Ali Alsamail and Sheikh Mansour Leghaei