How can I convert a non-Muslim to Islam?


How can I convert a non-Muslim to Islam?


1. Learn about the teachings of Islam and pass them on to that person in the best possible manner i.e in a logical, polite and calm manner.
2. Show the values of Islam through your good conduct and mannerisms.
3. People’s mentality is different and hence requires different approaches. Some are more emotional and some more rational – try and use the approach suited to the personality of the person you are talking to.
4. Share the words of wisdom and narrations from the family of the Prophet, especially their supplications; e.g. Dua Kumayl as narrated by Imam Ali (as), Dua Iftitah by Imam Mahdi (atfs), Dua Arafah by Imam Husain (as), Dua Abu Hamza Thumali by Imam Zainul Abideen (as), as the Imams have said about this:

فلو ان الناس علموا محاسن كلامنا لاتبعونا

“Were people to know the goodness in our words, they would (most certainly) have followed us”

5. Take them to a learned scholar who knows how to present Islam to them and answer any doubts they may have.
6. Be pious and honest in your own lifestyle so that they see the practical examples of being a Muslim. Remember, actions speak louder than words!
7. Pray to Allah (SWT) to guide that person to the right path.

Answered by: Dr Ali Alsamail and Sheikh Mansour Leghaei

Subscribe to our mailing list

A revert Muslim girl wants to marry, who can be her Wali (guardian)?


I am planning on marrying my financee who is currently incarcerated. None of my family is Muslim so my own father cannot be my Wali. Is it permissible for his father to be my Wali?


If a woman is a virgin, she usually needs the permission of her Wali (her father or paternal grandfather) before getting married. However, in the following situations, it will not be necessary for a woman to seek the permission of her father or paternal grandfather, before getting married:

1. If she is not a virgin.
2. If she is a virgin, but her father or paternal grandfather refuse to grant permission to her for marrying a man who is compatible to her in the eyes of Shariah, as well as custom.
3. If the father and the grandfather are not in any way willing to participate in the marriage.
4. If they are not in a capacity to give their consent, like in the case of mental illness etc.
5. If it is not possible to obtain their permission because of their absence, or such other reasons, and the woman is eager to get married urgently.

In pronouncing the marriage formula, she can either represent herself and say the formula her self, or she can nominate a representative (this can be her future husband or her father-in-law or the scholar who might be enacting the marriage). The representative needs to seek her permission to be her representative and then he can recite the marriage formula on her behalf.


Answered by: Dr Ali Alsamail

Certified by: Sheikh Mansour Leghaei