I have committed fornication, how can I repent?


I have committed the act of zina (fornication), how can I repent?


Sex outside a relationship of marriage is haram (forbidden) and is a mortal sin, whether it is anal or otherwise.

You need to continue to repent and to make a firm decision and commitment to not engage in sexual intercourse outside marriage again.

God is All-Merciful and will, by His Will, forgive you if your repentance is sincere and you don’t return to the sin. A good aspect of repenting from any sin is to discourage others who are prone to commit a similar sin from doing it. For example, as part of repenting from Zina (fornication) one must try to discourage those who are on this vicious practice.

Answered by: Dr Ali Alsamail
Reviewed by: Sheikh Mansour Leghaei